We often encounter pickled cucumbers for the equivalent of soupy dishes such as chicken soup or goat soup.
Not only that, these fresh cucumber slices are also suitable to be eaten with processed rice such as fried rice, you know!
Pickled cucumbers are usually packed with pieces of other vegetables such as carrots, shallots, cayenne pepper, and garlic.
The sour and sour taste is the result of the fermented vegetable process.
Usually requires added vinegar in the preparation method for a more delicious taste!
Come on, take a peek at the recipe and how to make pickled cucumbers easily at home, Moms!
Pickled Cucumber Recipe
Pickled cucumbers are fermented raw vegetables. However, not all pickles go through a fermentation process, Moms.
This food has a variety of benefits for the health of the body, you know! In Oxford Academic Researchers found a number of benefits of pickled cucumbers such as:
- Reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Treating cavities.
- Maintain blood sugar levels.
- Prevent or treat allergies.
- Reduces urinary tract infections.
In fact, it is also associated with a reduced risk of various types of cancer. Of course, this pickled cucumber will be more delicious if served cold, Moms!
Here are some recipes and how to make pickled cucumbers. Come on, see together!
1. Carrot Cucumber Pickle Recipe
Let’s start with the process of how to make this easy carrot cucumber pickle, OK?
Carrots are one of the additional vegetables used in pickled cucumber recipes.
This is a recipe for carrot cucumber pickle belonging to Recipekoki.id that you can try at home.
Even the process of making it less than 30 minutes, you know!
- 50 grams of whole chili
- 50 grams of red onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 250 ml air
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cooking vinegar
- 1 tbsp salt
- Wash the cayenne pepper until clean. Peel the onion, wash it clean. Peel the carrots, wash them and cut them into small cubes. Set aside.
- Remove the tip of the cucumber while rubbing it so that the sap that causes bitterness comes out, wash it clean.
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the cucumber into small dice. Set aside.
- Prepare a saucepan and add water, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil and the sugar dissolves.
- Add vinegar and adjust the taste.
- Add the cayenne pepper, onion, carrot and cucumber. Just stir for a while. Turn off the fire. Chill.
- Once cool, transfer and store the pickles in a glass jar. Then put it in the fridge to make it last longer.
- Pickles are ready to be served at any time with dishes.
2. Pineapple Carrot Cucumber Pickle Recipe
Apparently, pineapple pieces are also used as a way to make carrot cucumber pickles, you know!
This pineapple-carrot cucumber pickle is widely liked because of its sour taste which adds to the delicacy.
Moms can use pineapples that are not too ripe, yes!
- 1/4 ripe pineapple
- 2 cucumbers take the flesh
- 2 carrots
- 30 gr green chili
- 3 cloves of red onion chopped
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 6 tbsp vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 300 ml of warm water
- A pinch of salt
- Cut the cucumber, carrot, and pineapple into several pieces.
- Add the onion, garlic and chili to the slices. Then set aside.
- Mix warm water, vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt. Then stir well until the salt and sugar are completely dissolved. Taste correction.
- Place in a sterile glass container.
- Store in the refrigerator until the pickles are wilted and soft.
- Serve with dishes.
3. Yellow Seasoned Cucumber Pickle Recipe
Moms, it turns out that pickled cucumbers can also be cooked with a spicy taste from yellow spices, you know!
Spicy fans must try this spicy carrot pickle recipe.
Come on, follow the steps how to make it!
- 1 medium size cucumber
- 1 large carrot
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 5 pieces of cayenne pepper cut into pieces (choose the green one)
- 3 red onions cut into squares
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Mushroom broth to taste
- Right amount of oil
- Enough water
- 5 onions
- 5 pieces of garlic
- 2 pecans
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Clean the cucumbers and carrots. Cut into matchsticks (save the cut in a different place).
- Prepare other ingredients. Puree all the spices (can be pulverized).
- Fry the ground spices with a little oil. When half cooked, add the carrots. Stir until the carrots are quite soft. Then add the cucumber, chili and red onion. Stir until smooth.
- Add a little water, sugar, salt, and mushroom broth to taste. Then cook until the water shrinks a little.
- Add vinegar, can be adjusted to taste. Race test. When the taste has passed turn off the heat.
- Spicy carrot pickle is ready to serve.
4. Spicy Carrot Cucumber Pickle Recipe
For some people, it is incomplete if you eat food without a spicy taste in it.
Well, this one carrot pickled recipe is perfect for spicy lovers, you know!
This savory spicy cucumber pickle is perfect to eat with warm rice and fried chicken, Moms!
- 1 medium size imported carrot
- 2 fresh cucumbers
Coarse Slice Material:
- 1/2 tomato
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 clove of red onion
- 1 red curly chili
- 1 green chili
- 3 pieces of red chili
- 1 stalk of onion
- 1 turmeric finger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Spring onions
- 4 pieces of red chili
- Pepper powder
- Granulated sugar
- Wash the vegetables that have been sliced lengthwise.
- Saute the spices that have been sliced coarsely until fragrant, then add the spices that have been mashed.
- Cook until cooked and fragrant. Then add a little water. Wait until it boils then add the carrots.
- After the carrots are soft, add the cucumber, then add the salt, flavorings, pepper powder, and sugar. Taste correction.
- Savory spicy yellow carrot pickle is ready to be served!
5. Recipe for Pickled Cucumber Octopus
A little unique, this one cucumber pickle recipe adopts a Japanese-style pickle recipe, Moms!
In Japan, pickled cucumber is usually served without a lot of mixed vegetables in it. For the cucumber pieces were left intact.
Here is the recipe and how to make Japanese-style pickled octopus!
- 3 cucumbers
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- pieces of cooked octopus to taste
- Cut the cucumber then put it in a plastic bag and add salt to taste.
- Stir by hand so that the cucumber is smeared with salt perfectly.
- Then tie the plastic, let stand in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Squeeze the water from the cucumber so that the salt water disappears.
- Serve in a bowl, give vinegar and then can be mixed with seaweed or cooked octopus.
Moms, that’s a collection of recipes and how to make pickled carrots for various food dishes. I hope this helps!