TRIBUNJAMBI.COM – Fried banana snacks are very popular in Indonesia.
The existence of bananas is very easy to find and fried bananas are one of the menus at places selling fried foods.
There are also various fried bananas, such as the typical Pontianak fan fried banana.
The key to the fan-fried banana is the use of banana uli and coated with wet flour.
These fried bananas are perfect for an afternoon snack with tea or coffee.
Also read: How to Make Oatmeal Fried Shrimp, More Crispy and More Creamy
Here’s more about how to make crispy fan bananas from the magazine “Saji ED 488 2021” published by Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Crispy Fan Fried Banana Recipe
- 10 uli bananas
- 500 ml of cooking oil
Dyes (mix well)
- 200 grams of medium protein flour
- 75 grams of rice flour
- 1 egg
- 20 grams of granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 sdt baking powder
- 300 ml air
Also read: How to Make Seblak Typical Spicy Bandung Steady, Make Sure There’s Kencur
How to make crispy fan fried bananas
- Thinly slice the bananas, not cutting off the base. Expand it to form a fan. Dip into the dipping mixture.
- Heat cooking oil over medium heat. Fry the bananas while splashing the dipping mixture into the oil.
- Fry the bananas until cooked, don’t forget to turn them over. Lift. Drain.
That’s the recipe for making crispy fan fried bananas typical of Pontianak. Easy isn’t it.
Other news related to practical recipes