KOMPAS.com – There are many simple hodgepodge recipes that you can make. One of them, gado-gado ulek which you can follow the following recipe.
All the ingredients for making the gado-gado seasoning are ground with a stone mortar. There are eight ingredients needed, including peanuts, chili, tamarind water, and kencur.
You can dissolve the gado-gado seasoning with enough warm water. So that if you don’t run out, the gado-gado ulek spices can be stored in the refrigerator and don’t go stale quickly.
Also read: How to Make Flush Gado-Gado, Make it for Breakfast
The following is a recipe for gado-gado ulek from the book “Step by Step 25 Recipes for Lodeh & Vegetable Dishes a la Sisca Soewitomo” (2015) by Sisca Soewitomo published by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Ulek gado-gado recipe
- 6 long long beans, chopped
- 1 bitter melon, remove the contents, boiled
- 1 chayote, cut into pieces, boiled
- 1 bunch kale
- 50 grams of bean sprouts
- 100 grams of young jackfruit, cut into pieces, boiled
- 100 grams of tempeh, fried
- 1 medium sized box of tofu
Also read: 6 Legendary Gado-Gado Restaurants in Jakarta, Some Have Been Existing Since 1947
Get information, inspiration and insight from email you.
Ingredients for making gado-gado seasoning:
- 250 grams of peanuts
- 3 large red chilies
- 5 pieces of red cayenne pepper, boiled
- 5 cm kencur
- tsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, comb
- 2 tbsp tamarind water
- 100 ml of warm water
Also read: 16 Recipes with Peanut Seasoning, There are Heavy Foods and Snacks
Ingredients for sprinkling:
- fried onions
- Red crackers
How to make ulek gado-gado
1. Wash the vegetables and boil until cooked. Drain.
2. Gado-gado seasoning: Fried peanuts until cooked brown. Prepare a stone mortar, wash it clean. Puree large red chilies, red cayenne pepper, kencur, salt, and brown sugar.
Add the crushed peanuts. Stir until well blended. Pour tamarind water and warm water to taste.
Also read: Lotek Yogyakarta Recipe, Boiled Vegetables with Peanut Seasoning for Breakfast
3. Presentation: Mix the vegetables and seasonings, cut the fried tempeh and the fried tofu pieces. Mix well. Arrange in a plate. Serve gado-gado ulek sprinkled with fried onions and red crackers.
The book “Step by Step 25 Recipes for Lodeh & Vegetable Dishes a la Sisca Soewitomo” (2015) by Sisca Soewitomo published by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama can be purchased at Gramedia.com.