Merdeka.com – For those of you who miss snacks at the cafe or restaurant you usually visit, hold on. Be patient until the Covid-19 wave of the Delta variant subsides, then hang out, have a relaxing coffee, or have beautiful teas again. Now take care of yourself and your family by staying at home first. If you want a cafe-style snack, try making your own. For example chili tofu salt.
If you order it at a regular cafe, the price of a serving of chili and salt tofu can be quite draining. However, the ingredients for this dish are quite simple. How to make it is fairly easy.
Here’s a recipe for crispy chili salted tofu as delicious as those made by cafes and restaurants that you can try at home.
- 5 boxes of chinese tofu
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- right amount of oil
Salt Chili Seasoning:
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 5 pieces of cayenne pepper or according to taste
- 3 curly chilies or 1 large red chili
- 3-4 tablespoons of cooking oil
- salt to taste
- granulated sugar to taste
How to Make Salt Chili Tofu:
- Cut the Chinese tofu into cubes, then roll in a mixture of cornstarch, flour, salt, and baking powder. Make sure the entire surface of the tofu is covered with the flour mixture with a slightly thick layer.
- Heat enough cooking oil, then fry the tofu until crispy. After that, remove and drain the oil.
- Next, make the chili salt seasoning. Finely chop the garlic, cayenne pepper, and red chili or curly chili.
- Heat the cooking oil over low heat, then sauté the garlic, red chilies, and cayenne pepper until they are dry enough but not charred. Season with salt and sugar to taste.
- Add the fried tofu to the sauteed onions and chilies, then mix well. After that, remove and pour into a serving plate.
Tofu chili salt is ready to be served while still warm. Can also be equipped with lime wedges. [tsr]