TRIBUN-MEDAN.com, MEDAN – Karo’s signature mashed yam leaf curry is indeed famous for its savory and delicious taste.
Not only does it taste delicious, this mashed sweet potato leaf is also fairly easy to make with fairly simple ingredients.
If you are lazy to cook it, you can buy this mashed sweet potato curry in several Karo restaurants.
This dish is usually enjoyed with a side dish of fish, chili, shrimp paste, or fried chicken.
Also read: Passion Fruit Orange Punch Recipe and How to Make It, Drinks With Delicious Freshness
To make Karo’s special mashed potato leaves, you need to prepare the following ingredients.
1. Three bunches of cassava leaves (yam)
2. Six cloves of Shallots
3. Four cloves of Garlic
4. 1 Fruit Kincong sliced
5. 5 pieces of red chili
6. 7 small chilies
7. 10 grains of Takokak (balanced)
8. 1/2 ounce small anchovy
9. 2 stalks of lemongrass
10. 1500 ml Coconut Milk
11. One piece of ginger
Also read: Shrimp Vegetable Bakwan Recipe and How to Make It, Delicious All-Fried Complementary Menu
How to make
1. Clean and finely mash the sweet potato leaves, mash the rimbang until it breaks but do not make it smooth, then set aside.
2. Finely grind all the spices such as chili, onion, ginger. During the grinding process don’t forget to add a little salt
3. Saute the spices that have been smooth with oil, and until fragrant. Then enter the sere that has been crushed, along with anchovies (according to taste).
After that, add a little coconut milk, and add salt to taste while stirring slowly so that the coconut milk does not break.
Also read: Green Chili Cooked Scallop Recipe and How to Make It, Delicious Lunch Menu Inspiration
5. Then enter the sweet potato leaves and rimbang that have been pounded earlier. Then stir until evenly distributed. Next add the remaining coconut milk, and add the sliced kencong.
6. Make sure the salt taste, if not add according to taste. Then wait for the food to boil and cook. If it is cooked, the mashed sweet potato leaf curry can be enjoyed with warm rice and a side dish of fish with chili paste to make it more delicious.