MOMSMONEY.ID – Cinema is closely related to a delicious snack called caramel popcorn. Yup! You may rarely buy this delicious food because PPKM is still ongoing.
The existence of Covid-19 for almost 2 years has made many people afraid to go to the cinema. Coupled with the enactment of PPKM which has been rolling for quite a long time, cinemas have had to be closed again.
In fact, one of the things I miss most when watching movies at the cinema is being able to eat popcorn freely, especially caramel popcorn which tastes delicious.
Also Read: KFC Promo August 2021, 50% Discount Winger Bucket Filled with 14 Chickens for under IDR 50,000!
But don’t worry, now MomsMoney presents tips on how to make Cinema-style Caramel Popcorn at home. Reported from Royco, here is the full recipe:
How to make anti -fail caramel popcorn
You can make the popcorn and caramel separately first on the stove, then, bake the popcorn in the oven.
To make caramel & popcorn, consider the following method:
- Melt brown sugar or granulated sugar and butter in a saucepan.
- While waiting for the caramel to melt, cook the corn kernels in a covered saucepan
- After the caramel is ready and the popcorn is cooked, pour the caramelized sugar over the popcorn while stirring until blended
- To make the popcorn even more crispy, bake the popcorn in the oven at 135 C for 1 hour.
Also Read: August 2021 Pizza Hut Promo, August Special Red and White Pizza Only IDR 109 Thousand
When cooking caramel popcorn, it may not be as simple as the methods above. Sometimes there are also dishes that fail, either because the caramel is burnt or because the caramel is not mixed evenly in the popcorn.
To prevent failure in cooking caramel popcorn, here are important tips that you must know when cooking caramel popcorn:
- When cooking corn kernels, use oil with a high boiling point. You can cook it using coconut oil or peanut oil. This is useful so that the popcorn does not burn easily.
- When cooking corn kernels or popcorn, slightly open the lid to allow steam to escape. If you close it tightly, your popcorn will be mushy and not crunchy.
- Cook the caramel for a long time. The longer the caramel cooks, the crispier the popcorn will be. But be careful not to burn the caramel.
Also Read: McD Promo “Agustusan Exciting” August 19-25 2021, 3 Chicken & 3 Rice Rp. 45,000 Extended
- Once the caramel is ready, remove the caramel from the heat and add other ingredients such as vanilla and salt.
- When baking caramel popcorn in the oven, spread the popcorn out on a flat baking sheet so that it cooks evenly.
- Stir the popcorn every 15 minutes to prevent the caramelized popcorn from burning.
- Once the caramel popcorn is ready, let it sit for a while at room temperature so it doesn’t get hot.
- Store in a closed jar so that the caramel popcorn doesn’t get soggy
So, those are the tips for making fail-proof, cinema-style caramel popcorn. By following the tips above, MomsMoney guarantees, your Caramel Popcorn will be as delicious as the real thing.
If you have finished making Caramel Popcorn, don’t forget to eat it while watching a movie at your respective homes, so you can feel the sensation of watching it in the cinema. Even though you actually only watch movies at home.