You can be creative yourself how you want the garden design. Also choose a plant that you like, but don’t forget to pay attention to the type of plant.
The following are tips for creating a garden on the roof of the house, quoted from the page Lamudi.co.id.
Stages of making a garden on the roof of the house
1. Cover the roof that you want to create a garden with water proofing. Leave for a day to dry completely,
How do you feel about this article?
2. Aci, which is the addition of a layer of cement, requires drying for a day,
3. Give a water-retaining layer (drainage cell) and soil retaining layer (geotextile).
After the above process has been carried out, then the soil is given and ready to be planted with plants. Planting begins with grass, shrubs, then trees.
To prevent damage to the waterproof layer (water proof layer), a retaining layer must be added so that plant roots do not damage the impermeable layer and the concrete below.
For the garden area, it doesn’t need to be big, just with a 4×4 square meter area you can already create an adequate roof garden.
What needs to be considered is the problem of drainage, especially for the disposal of water from spraying plants or rainwater that is accommodated in the media.
Avoid the top of the building leaking due to improper drainage system. One solution for a good drainage system is to provide a certain slope on the roof not concrete.
This of course will make the water will flow into the sewer properly.
Choose a plant
1. Choose plants that can withstand heat. This is important to note considering that the location of plant growth is on the roof, which has a closer distance from the sun than a regular garden.
2. Avoid rooted plants plunging down like palms. Choose one that has spreading roots and slow growth, for example, a pagoda tree.
3. Have frequent/diligent flower growth, for example, roses, jasmine, tapak dara, and bougainvillea.
4. Has a lot of branching to create a slightly lush shape. For example, pagoda tree and frangipani.
Types of plants used
1. Soft-trunked plants, including aracea, rulea, Brazil paris lilies, yellow pandanus, and blood sambang.
2. Hard-trunked plants, among others, bougainvillea, frangipani.
3. Flowering plants, among others, roses, jasmine.