KOMPAS.com – Nagasari is a traditional cake made from a mixture of rice flour and coconut milk, filled with bananas.
Nagasari is usually wrapped in banana leaves. When there are no banana leaves, you can make nagasari in a pan.
The trick is to arrange the banana slices in the pan, pour the rice flour mixture. Then steam the dough until cooked.
The book “Popular Cake Made from Bananas” by Liliek S. Sundoko published by Gramedia Pustaka Utama shares the recipe for the banana leaf nagasari as follows.
- 250 grams of rice flour
- 100 grams of granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 600 ml coconut milk from 1 coconut
- 2 pandan leaves, conclude
- 10 king bananas, cut diagonally
- Enough banana leaves to wrap
Get information, inspiration and insight from email you.
How to make Nagasari cake
- Mix the rice flour, sugar and salt together. Set aside.
- Boil the coconut milk and pandan leaves until it boils while stirring so that the coconut milk does not break. Lift.
- Pour the coconut milk into the flour mixture little by little while stirring until well blended. Cook over low heat while continuing to stir until the dough is smooth and not grainy. Remove, let cool a bit.
- Take a piece of banana leaf, give two tablespoons of dough. Place a piece of banana in the center of the dough. Wrap, fold both ends of the banana leaf.
- Place and arrange the nagasari in the steamer pan. Steam for 40 minutes until cooked through. Lift it, fix it. Let cool. Serve.
The book “Popular Cake Made from Bananas” by Liliek S. Sundoko published by Gramedia Pustaka Utama can be purchased online at Gramedia.com.