1 large egg
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, crushed or chopped
1/2 teaspoon Stylish Dijon mustard
1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil (or a mixture of olive and canola or vegetable oil)
Salt to taste
Black pepper, to taste
How to make garlic mayonnaise:
1. Beat eggs, lemon juice, garlic and mustard in a blender.
2. With the blender running on low speed, slowly drop the oil, allowing any additions to dip into the egg mixture before adding more. As more oil is introduced, the kMU can add oil more quickly, working up to a slow flow.
3. When adding oil, the mixture will thicken. If it’s too thick, you can thin it a little with a few drops of lemon juice. Don’t try to dilute it with more oil, this will only make it thicker.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for later use.
Mayonaise black pepper
1 large egg
2 tbsp lemon juice or distilled white vinegar
tsp mustard powder or mustard paste
tsp salt, adjust according to taste
tsp caster sugar, adjust according to taste
tsp black pepper
1 cup olive oil
How to make black pepper mayonnaise:
1. In a clean blender add the eggs, lemon juice or vinegar, mustard paste or mustard powder, salt, sugar and black pepper.
2. Cover with cover and start the engine.
3. Carefully remove the small lid of the blender lid without stopping the machine.
4. Pour the olive oil in a slow, steady stream into the blender through the lid opening.
5. Keep the engine running until all the oil is added and a thick mayonnaise is formed. This can take 5-7 minutes depending on how strong the blender is.
6. Turn off the machine, open the lid and check the consistency of the mayonnaise with a rubber spatula. Also check the seasoning.
7. Adjust seasonings if needed and blend for another 10-20 seconds.
8. When done, remove the blender from the machine and transfer the mayonnaise to a clean airtight glass jar.
9. Store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.